4 May 2012 by romanin
Top ten of the past few months in no particular order
1. We went to California for 4 days to attend Lydia’s mom’s wedding
2. Nathaniel started walking in California
3. We’ve made homemade gnocchi and ravioli and our homemade salami is curing in the basement.
4. We are excited about a summer of weddings! We have one a month from now until August. We’ll be in Connecticut in May, New York in June and Bowling Green, OH in August, and then back to Ohio for another wedding in August.
5. Nathaniel is starting to speak to us with phrases marked with question intonation, meaning he will speak jibber jabber to us but end his phrase with a rising intonation. He does this whenever he is asking us permission to do something, hold/get something, have more food, have a toy, etc. It’s very cute, but we still don’t know what exactly he is saying.
6. Lydia’s working on making a wooden bead maze toy for Nathaniel. It’s modeled after this: Melissa and Doug Bead Maze
7. Nick has a lot of wood in the front yard to split because we had 3 trees taken down/trimmed.
8. Nathaniel walks all over the house now, waddling his way to places. It’s funny to see him decide where to go and how to get there. He’s getting cuter each day as he starts figuring out the social interaction part of life. He’ll say hi to everyone at the store when I take him grocery shopping; he’ll randomly cock his head to one side when you’re talking with him; he’ll play peek-a-boo with you with his blanket, ducking down behind stuff or poking his head out from the side of something; he’ll mimic everything you do; he has a great sense of humor!
9. We are getting back into Argentine Tango, going to classes at Oberlin College once a week and attending random dances at our teacher’s house. It’s been great fun! Nathaniel’s even danced with us a few times on our backs in his carrier. haha
10. A current list of house projects to be soon accomplished: new carpet in 3 bedrooms, replace drop ceiling in basement bedroom, get the guest bathroom re-done.
And here are some pictures of the past few months: